a.k.a. Dr. Rodney Chang
East Honolulu School Product
1. Aina Haina Elementary
2. Niu Valley Intermediate School
3. Kalani High School, class of '63
4. University of Hawaii, '68 -zoology/pre-dental
Ending up artist/dentist/art psychology writer
* online since 1997 till present
Lots of writing documenting my research inquires, postulates about art and life,
* example, "The
Psychology of Art"
* including documenting digital art movement worldwide
* currently writing "blogs" online
Lots of creative projects that made life enriching & daring:
* famous one - "Da
* popular site - "virtual web art museum"
* new global art 'ism' - Webism - and the Webists
* a house as a museum for "Cyberpaintings" in Hawaii Kai
* making history abroad, such as in China, 1988, India
* inventing a new art style and work process
* even US postal stamps
* upcoming - online Memorial site
* truly 3D interactive online museum
Lots of Media coverage & celebrity experiences
* NBC TV Real People Show, 1979 (reruns '80, '81)
* Pygoya European Art Tour with the Webists, 2003
* List of articles, publications
* Latest - Hawaii dentist's journal, 2004
WHAT'S THIS ALL GOT TO DO WITH ME BEING INVITED HERE TODAY?
* Susan Kusunoki called - she needed a case
- my own identity of the "Gifted Black Sheep" gifted type
* Opportunity to be introspective about my life, my early student years, how I came to be, where I'm at now at 59, and what's up next, doc?
* a bio summary online for
all to see (updated since '97)
* my life in a nutshell (2004)
Real Life Case study continues on-
FAMILY LIFE TRIGGERS MY LIFE ONGOING OPPORTUNITY AND DECISION MAKING -
- by the way, is Natalie Hee here? (former teacher of Bronson and Houston in their 4th grades)
Bronson reviewing colleges now; 3 to put through mainland universities= dental retirement at 70's; late start in life
Brings up question - plan a move to be completed in few years to dedicate that "last quarter" of life to full time art?
a museum? Where is it affordable?
* Think it out carefully
* Plan a transition to lower cost of living area-
residence first as rental, Oregon dental license, collaboration with local officials and government
* Potential income alternative - large print editions
tour state dental convention as product exhibitor;
real estate and stock investment; gift shop in the museum;
mail order catalog disguised as coffee table art history book of my best works; book on history of digital art and Webism
* Think of family interest long term - farm, building 2nd floor with stage (ballet), property historic or not, sell the dental practice, Kahala residence (sell?)
* and of course, continue to make art and publish it online as well as
"contribute such digital originals to the Internet's cyberculture"
So, support an artist and invest in Webism and become a collector
Special Questions & Replies for Susan Kusunoki